Are you single and retired? Ready to explore dating one more time?
You’re not alone. The fact is that there are many people over 50 who are looking for a new partner. Most of the time, older people turn to the internet to explore online dating to find a new partner or just to find new friends.
For those who have lost a significant other or someone special, times can be very hard and also very lonely. Senior dating may be what you are looking for after long years of grieving and living alone. Opening up to a new company can help you realize that life still has a lot to offer.
Yes, you still have your children and grandchildren who mean the world to you and bring you joy and happiness. At the same time, it may not be enough to replace the emptiness within your heart. It makes all the difference in the world when you know that you have that special someone with you all the time. Someone with whom you can open up by sharing all your stories because you know they will understand.
There are many online dating sites for seniors that can help you meet other people just like you. These sites serve as a place where you can socialize and communicate with other single seniors who are also interested in dating. These sites will generally ask you to fill out a form where you can include details about your personal information and dating preferences. What you choose to include is up to you and the information you submit will be used to create your online profile. In return, the site will match you with other possibly compatible people based on your online profile and preferences.
Of course, as with anything new, there may be some skepticism at first if these sites really work and if your information is safe. These sites have really put measures in place to ensure your profile is safe and that is a big reason why millions are picking up on this new phenomenon. In fact, people have found their true loves online and even got married, which is rapidly growing by the tens of thousands.
How many friends and family do you know who have dated only to find that the other person is not really that compatible? What if they were always on their “best foot forward” and it became difficult to break ties with that person? This is the beauty of the Internet, as it can possibly allow you to connect with your “soul mate” literally with the click of a button.
If you decide to join an online dating site, be sure to keep these things in mind for your safety:
1. Investigate. Make sure to only sign up with reputable online dating service sites. Ask your friends and even do a search online with your favorite search engine. Within the site, you should find information that shows whether they are certified by “TrustE” or “Hacker-Safe”. This is where the site must go through an arduous process and strict privacy guidelines to comply. You can generally find this information under the “Privacy” link on the sites or in the “About Us” section.
2. Be cautious. Don’t give out too much personal information too soon. It is advisable not to reveal your real name, email address, home or work address and phone number unless you are absolutely certain that you can completely trust the person and that the date is real. You can even take a friend with you and meet in a public area if you want to be 100% comfortable.
3. Take advantage of free sites. Before signing up for any online senior dating service, be sure to check if there is a fee to join. Also, be sure to “read the fine print.” Tip: There are many reputable online dating sites that offer their services for free.
When creating your profile online, keep these tips in mind to make it easier for you to find the right person:
1. Be honest. Make sure you put the correct information and do not lie about your age, otherwise you will mislead people, making it difficult for you to find your match.
2. Think. Be sure to ask yourself about the important qualities you are looking for in a partner before completing the profile form.
3. Promote yourself. It will help if you focus on your positive traits and the things you can offer in a relationship.
4. Be realistic. You cannot replace your lost spouse. Therefore, when looking for a new partner, try not to compare her to your old partner. Remember, we are all unique.
5. Be patient. Do not rush. Keep in mind that things don’t happen overnight. Make sure you get to know the person as much as possible. Take it one day at a time.
6. Upload your best photo. Upload your most beautiful photo as your profile. According to recent studies, members of online dating sites first look at profile photos before making any effort to get to know other members better. It may not be correct, but this is the reality. Don’t get too stressed out by this, as the saying goes, “Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.”
7. Don’t be too fussy. Try narrowing down your search criteria to get more possible matches. People who tend to be too picky end up not finding the Right Mr. or Mrs. Right. Make sure you set realistic and achievable expectations.
Follow these tips to make sure you have a very positive experience online and possibly find the company you’ve been looking for.
Copyright © 2008 La Dolce Living, Inc. All rights reserved.