“There are too many types of student accommodations in the UK, all having different requirements. For students who need to rent student accommodations in London, guarantors may be involved. The following guide to student accommodations can help you get a better understanding.

Student accommodation in the UK – Guarantor
Since we are not British, it will be troublesome to rent the whole apartment. Because the rent in the UK is paid every month, and since we don’t have any credit records in the UK, the intermediary will ask you to provide a guarantor. If you can’t pay the rent, your guarantor will help you out. Many people finally choose another option that does not require a guarantor, that is, to pay the rent for 6 months or 1 year at once. Depending on how long the break clause is in your contract, it is recommended that you pay the rent until the time when you can withdraw the rent .

What is the Break Clause? For example, the contract of many houses in the UK is usually one-year, but the tenant can move out after 6 months, so don’t pay for a full year at once, but pay you can withdraw the lease when.

Guide to student accommodation in the UK
British student accommodation—Bills
This word is often seen when looking for a house. Bills means bills, which include all the expenses for studying in the UK that you need to pay in the future in your London student accommodation, such as water bills, electricity bills, gas bills, Internet bills, telephone bills, TV License, Council Tax. If you are renting a suite by yourself, you have to apply for these things yourself. If you are renting a bedroom with others, the general landlord will provide it. If you need to handle these things yourself, remember to ask your intermediary or landlord to find out which companies provide services for your current suite, and then contact those companies, provide your address, and establish a account. In the same way, when you want to move out, you should also contact these companies to close your account so that your next tenant can continue to apply for use.

student accommodations for studying in the UK—Deposit
Most of the problems encountered by many students are that the landlord does not refund the deposit. It is also mentioned above that the deposit of the tenant is kept by a third party. According to the laws of England and Wales (excluding Scotland and Northern Ireland), since 2007, all student accommodation deposits need to join a protection scheme, which currently includes 3 agencies The Deposit Protection Service (DPS), My Deposits and The Dispute Service (TDS). Your landlord must put the deposit in the protection scheme within 30 days of receiving the deposit, and provide you with the corresponding serial number (series number) and a certificate of deposit deposit to prove that your deposit is indeed taken A third party is in custody (remember it must be your name!). When your contract expires and you want to hand over the house, you and the intermediary or the landlord need to fill in the relevant information on the website of the agency that stores the deposit. For example, the landlord can request that the cleaning fee be deducted from the deposit. Once the two parties reach an agreement, your deposit will be released. It will be refunded to you through a third party, not the landlord giving you cash!

If you are not satisfied with the amount that the landlord wants to deduct, you and the landlord can submit evidence separately, and then the deposit deposit agency will submit the materials submitted by both of you to a third party for review. Everyone must make sure that your deposit is not in your landlord’s own pocket, because he can play a rogue and not return it to you. The money you need to find a lawyer to file a lawsuit may far exceed your deposit!

Student Housing in the UK – How to Complain to the Landlord
Even if we are very careful, we will inevitably encounter bad landlords. Don’t think that when we encounter bad agents and landlords, we can only swallow our anger, or ask a lawyer to sue them when we get angry. The UK has formal channels to handle disputes in this regard.Many problems will be encountered when living in ​​student accommodation London at home and abroad. Don’t be overwhelmed. We must calmly use formal channels to protect our legal rights from infringement. “