Are you ever too old to outgrow the matching gifts with your mother or daughter? I guess it depends on whether you are the mother or the daughter.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I thought this would be a great time to highlight my top 5 mother daughter gifts, in order of age appropriateness (sort of).
- Aprons: All girls love to bake with their mom, but for very young girls, looking like mom while baking is out of this world. Giving them matching aprons makes that moment even more special. You can find matching identical aprons or different styles with the same pattern, such as a full apron for mom and half apron for daughter. There are also custom aprons that you can find with phrases like “Chef” and “Sous Chef”.
- Pijama: Mommy and me Pajamas are great for Saturday nights with mom and her girl (s), playing games, watching movies, or building puzzles. Whatever the activity, it’s always best in pajamas, and it’s even better in matching mommy’s pajamas.
- Pants: Purses, Luggage, Cosmetic Bags or Totes. When you see a mother with a beautiful bag and behind her is her sweet little girl carrying a miniature version of it, laughter lovely. This type of gift is great for moms with that “mini-me” daughter who is on her way to being “like a mom.”
- Necklaces: Regardless of age, a mother / daughter necklace is a keepsake that every girl will cherish forever, be she a mother or a daughter. A heart pendant is always a beautiful symbol to choose from with added “mother” and “daughter” customization. Finding a necklace that includes your birthstones would add even more uniqueness and individuality.
- Charms: In recent years, the trend for charm bracelets has been on the rise, with pandora, persona, chamila, and the like. With that, there are numerous unique and special charms geared towards mother and daughter. Personally, I love the charm and smile of my “loving mother” from Pandora, every time I see my daughter with her “daughter” charm on her bracelet.
Given the range of possibilities, age seems irrelevant. The most important thing to consider is the bond between mother and daughter. The gift you choose should reflect that, and hopefully I’ve provided some suggestions that can help spark some ideas, based on your own unique mother-daughter pair.